Great Glen Sailaway........a Caledonian Canal Adventure
The ship's company for the Great Glen cruise through the… More
Tiddly Winks.......We Think Not!!
Lizzie May Cruise 1st to 4th May Report I thought… More
Lizzie May is Model Material
We have just been emailed these wonderful photos from Petr… More
Terms & Conditions
We”/”Our” refers to Clyde Classic Sailing Ltd, “You” refers to the trainee voyage crew customer.
Trainee Voyage Crew Customer
- We do not take bookings for passengers. All bookings are for “trainee voyage crew” whatever the level of your sailing experience. The voyages are for the purpose of learning traditional sailing skills.
- You agree to be the “trainee voyage crew” for the selected voyage and to abide by the instructions of the Captain, Skipper or duly delegated representative in all matters.
- You are expected to participate in the vessel operation to the best of your ability subject to training.
Danger & Safety: You understand that sailing can be a dangerous activity, particularly in rough weather, which can be encountered at any time of year on any voyage. All our vessels and their skippers are approved to the standards required by the country of the vessels’ registration. We reserve the right to refuse to accept any booking for any reason which in its sole opinion might endanger or otherwise affect the safety of the vessel and or any persons on-board.
Prices: Prices for voyages are quoted in GB Sterling. We reserve the right to amend the deposit, balance or full payment amounts without notice, whether it is up or down, including changes in foreign currency for voyages that are paid for in a currency other than GB Sterling. Special offers are for new bookings only. Errors and omissions are accepted. Bookings will be processed at our published prices at the time of booking and adhered to; otherwise, in the case of any unexpected increase in price, you will be informed and asked if you wish to reconsider your booking. Prices include VAT if applicable.
Methods of Payment: No payment is taken until your booking has been approved.
- We accept all major credit and debit cards (excluding American Express) by telephone. There is no extra charge for the use of Credit Cards.
- We also accept cheques made payable to Clyde Classic Sailing Ltd and BACS payments to:
Sort Code 83-06-08, Account No. 11460758
Customer Payments, Cancellations and Refunds:
- A 25% non-refundable deposit is due at time of booking.
- If you cancel you’re booking more than two months before departure, your deposit will be forfeited.
- Full payment of the booking is due two months prior to the start of the cruise.
- If you cancel your booking less than two months of the start of your cruise, you will be liable for the full cost of the cruise.
- Once a booking is confirmed a £45.00 administration fee will be made for cruises transferred by you.
Classic Sailing Insurance: Our Vessel is covered by third party liability insurance for serious injury or loss of life, but we strongly recommend you take out insurance as soon as you book your voyage that gives you financial protection if you have to cancel or curtail your voyage, cover loss or damage to baggage, or incur any additional medical or transport costs. Please check your own travel insurance policy carefully to make sure it covers sailing / cruising / yachting in the appropriate sailing areas and if sailing more than 12 miles offshore. Your cover should start on the date you purchased the policy, not when your voyage or course starts.
Clyde Classic Sailing Cancellation: We will refund cruise fees paid for cruises cancelled by us prior to voyage commencement, unless the cruise has been cancelled for the following reasons:
- In the case of a ‘force majeure’ i.e. acts of terrorism, earthquake, pandemics and government decree terminating the voyage.
- Any other cause beyond our reasonable control.
- We will refund 70% of the voyage fees for voyages cancelled for bad weather as follows:
– Day sails: in the two days before the voyage commences if the forecast for the day sail is Force 5 or greater.
– Overnight voyages: in the two days before the voyage commences if the forecast for the majority of voyage is Force 7 or greater.
Age restrictions: Customers under 18 years must have written consent from their parents or legal guardian. Some voyages are restricted to certain age ranges that you must comply with.
VISA’S and Vaccinations: Please check very carefully for any Visa and vaccination requirements for any ports you will be visiting. Visa’s and vaccinations are the customer’s responsibility and you will not be able to join the voyage without the appropriate documents. You can find Visa and Vaccination information for the countries you will be visiting at the Embassies London web site, or your own capital city if different.
- Consumption of alcohol is at the Captain’s / Skipper’s discretion for safety reasons.
- We are not responsible for trainee voyage crew whilst ashore.
- Due to the vagaries of weather and/or mechanical problems we can make no guarantee of the itinerary of the voyage, including joining ports, destinations to visit and leaving ports.
- Gift Vouchers can be used at any time within three years of date of purchase.
- Payments in cash over £10,000 are not accepted.
- Any products ordered will be dispatched within 28 days of ordering for stocked items; personalised and handmade items may take longer – we will notify you of the likely despatch date.
- Any stock item products returned in original condition will be fully refunded. Handmade and personalised items cannot be refunded.
- Travel to and from all voyages / courses are not included in the price.
Complaints: – If we should receive a complaint about any part of our service it will be dealt with promptly, effectively and confidentially (we will reply within 5 working days).
Amendments – We reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions without notice.
Please do not make any travel arrangements associated with this booking until we have confirmed your voyage.
For questions, please contact us by: E-mail email@example.com, Tel: 07789 036 515
Terms and Conditions updated 29th October 2013.